Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

2, 1, Ready to take off?

The moment I lay my underwear in my traveling bag is always that moment when I start to realize that I will be away from home for a while. Honestly? IT FREAKS ME OUT! Why? You will understand immediately!

There are some qualities that come in handy when you are travelling alone:

1. Having a sense of Orientation                            (Remember the time when I missed my snowboard course because I took the wrong skirun (after 5 days)? Karen will never forget:))
2. Being well informed                                          (I am never "the one with all the gossip")
3. Being on time                                                   (I think, almost never?)
4. Taking care of your stuff                                   (If I sum up all the things I have lost until now, then those  Hugo Boss boots (<3) suddenly do not seem so expensive anymore.)

I suppose you all get the picture! It will be exhausting for me trying to obtain those qualities but HEY, challenge accepted!

Back to my traveling bag story! Something that I really need to take with me is a present for my host family. What would be better than a box of Belgian specialities??! CHOCOLATE AND BEER!


What is in this delicious box of heaven? Côte D'Or bars of all kinds, Cuberdons, Chokotoffs, Napoleons, Nougat, Waffles from Liege! Hope they like it!

For Beer I chose Grimbergen Blond (of course), Leffe Brown and Maes Zero (I read somewhere that some Taiwanese families do not drink alcohol). "Oh no, did you really bought cans instead of bottles?" Yes I did, I mean 23 kg? I have nightmares about that number!


Tomorrow evening, my last evening in Belgium for a long time, I wanted to have a real Belgian supper: A nice saignant backed Steak with pepper sauce and homemade fries! (Mmmmm) And to celebrate my last night, I organized a small goodbye party for my close friends.

This was my last message from Grimbergen, Still a lot to pack and puzzle!

(Belgian) Greetz. X

No comments: