Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The time of my life...

I never really really REALLY felt the feeling of 'the time of my life' until my 3-week holiday in Greece. It was August 2011 and during that month I must admit I never felt this way before..

It is the feeling of happiness, all day long, every day. Even the few quarrels I had during that holiday did not feel like real fights. It feels like never being bored and you appreciate all the little things that cross your path and you are able to be yourself all the time, not wondering what people around you are thinking.

Now in Taiwan, I feel just the same, even the thought of going back to my country, makes me sad inside. Not that I don't want to see my friends again or my family, it is more about feeling happy in a place where the unknown feels so familiar. It is not about the people you love (you naturally always want them around), it is about the feeling that the people, you don't know, give you!

As many people have said in the past.. 'Wisdom comes with age'. I don't think the inventor of that line was talking about knowledge about the world. I think he was talking about knowing yourself. I know now two things for sure: I still figure out myself every day and I know now that discovery is one of my highest virtues.

I can tell you about all the places I have visited, about all the things I have experienced here but damn it's a lot :) I am so behind on my writing schedule!! So next time, I will be writing when I have some time and I feel like it, no pressure...

One more thing, who would think that there was a teacher hiding in me? Damn, I love it. I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to my students.

Big love X.


No comments: